Online courses are cool. They really are.
- An Elementary Introduction to the Wolfram Language. This is basically a free, online book version of Stephen Wolfram’s book on learning the Wolfram Language. Yes it is free.
- Code School. Just like any other online learning platform to learn how to code.
- CS For All. This is an online book for learning (primarily) Python programming language. This course was developed at Harvey Mudd College.
- Linux Journey. “Learn the ways of Linux-fu, for free”.
- Little Book of R for Bioinformatics. “This is a simple introduction to bioinformatics, with a focus on genome analysis, using the R statistics software.”
- Scipy Lecture Notes. “Tutorials on the scientific Python ecosystem: a quick introduction to central tools and techniques.”
- Purdue University Cytometry Laboratories, Lecture Slides.
- CME 193: Introduction to Scientific Python. This short course runs for the first three weeks of the quarter and is offered each quarter during the academic year.
- Virology.ws course. Free online lectures, by Professor Vincent Racaniello.
Courses hosted on MOOC portals (Coursera, edX, MIT OCW).
- Coursera. Epidemics – the Dynamics of Infectious Diseases, offered by The Pennsylvania State University. Recommended by Afiq Asri. (enrollment required)
- edX. Humanitarian Response to Conflict and Disaster, offered by Harvard University. Recommended by Afiq Asri. (enrollment required)
- edX. Genomic Data Analysis and Data Analysis for Life Sciences, both offered by Harvard University. (self-pace)
- edX. Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python, offered by Massachusetts Institute of Technology. (enrollment required)
- edX. Introduction to Computer Science, offered by Harvard University. (self-pace)
- edX. Introduction to Linux, offered by The Linux Foundation. (self-pace)
- Coursera. Understanding Research Methods, offered by University of London. (self-pace)
- Coursera. Reproducible Research, offered by John Hopkins University. (enrollment required)
- Coursera. Data Management for Clinical Research, offered by Vanderbilt University. (enrollment required)
- MIT OCW. Cellular and Molecular Immunology. (self-pace)
- Coursera. Introduction to Python for Data Science and Introduction to R for Data Science, both offered by Microsoft. (self-pace)
- Codecademy. Learn the Watson API, offered by IBM. (self-pace)
- Udacity. Intro to Computer Science, offered by University of Virginia. (self-pace)
- Udacity, Deep Learning. offered by Google. (self-pace)